Jun 24, 2013

Favourite English Paperback Novels (Mills&Boon, Harlequin and Barbara Cartland)

Hi All,

Now, my mother is the sole influence for my interest in reading romance novels. i started out with Mills & Boon's novels to Barbara Cartland novels since i was 14 or 15 then i started on the thicker novels when i entered college..who could blame me...? my moms book collection is bigger than her closet...i seem to remember her reading by the window in the late afternoon..my mom still loves novel but she seem to divide her reading and watching telenovelas nowadays...:) but her passion for reading had been passed to me. although i graduated to heavier stuffs, the heady delight of doing nothing and losing yourself in short romance novels will always stay in my mind...

Here are amongst a few of the novels that i had read repeatedly throughout the years:

1. A Durable Fire by Robyn Donald (brother's love triangle..very scandalous...and Tini, my friend said the hero was cruel..but i like bad boys :) )


2. Born Out of Love by Anne Mathers (about second chances...)




3. Pagan Encounter by Charlotte Lamb (Amongst my absolute favourite although Tini also says the hero is cruel :) ) lost a few pages of this book but i uploaded the whole novel online and now i have the complete version..




4. Bid For Independence by Yvonne Whittal (Internal conflict...brotherly love gone wild!)



5. Enter My Jungle by LindsayArmstrong (the hero's a barrister :) and the heroaine was his maid...)



6. The Tears of Love by Barbara Cartland (i somehow managed to lose this title and been searching for this novel eversince and it's been a frustrating search because i couldn't seem to find it and the only one resold is on Amazon and they don't courier to Malaysia!)...i love the story because the female is smart and confident, unlike most of the timid heroaine in Barbara Cartland novels. If somebody have a copy of this novel, please, please, please send me... and i don't mean the spanish version [BECAUSE I DON'T READ SPANISH, COMPRENDE?...]



..and a few other which i couldn't remember because it's all back home and i have to wait until Raya to switch my novels with Mom's...I love that i just have to go back home to Mom's to get a book that i want...


***for those who wants to find the novels i posted about, its available online. you'll probably have no luck in  finding the hard copy. those titles probably had stopped printing years ago. the best you could do is downloading it via 4shared.com or scribd.com...


..and here are the list of some Mills & Boon Bestseller Romance that you can HUNT for online...and if you give up and wants a copy, just email me your email address @ nana_lynzie@yahoo.com...

Anne Mather's Novels:-

1. Smokescreen
2. Spirit of Atlantis

Robyn Donald : Mission For My Love

Charlotte Lamb's Novels:-
1. Temptation
2. Dark Master
3. Savage Surrender
4. Who's been sleeping in my bed?
5. Sensation

Carole Mortimer's Perfect Partner


HAPPY HUNTING!



No comments:

Post a Comment